THE ACCESS IS OUR ENTRY LEVEL DE-POWER FOIL KITE THAT IS DESIGNED TO MAKE THE LEARNING PROCESS OF SNOWKITING (and any form of landkiting) AS SAFE AND EASY AS POSSIBLE.
The seventh version has been further refined and re-modeled for improvements in both ease of use and flying characteristics. The design goal of the V7 was to improve all aspects of the kite to allow new kiters to easily enjoy the sport from their very first session. This is made possible by creating an incredibly stable kite, which has constant pull, a large wind range and predictable handling.
The V7 has flatter arc than it’s predecessors giving it a wider wind range, this means more power and more depower. The rib spacing has been optimized to clean up the surfaces toward the tip, which sees gains in both performance and handling. New tab positions offer a rock solid feel in the air and maintain quick turning speed with a more responsive bar feeling. The low aspect ratio ensures stability in the gustiest of conditions, delivering constant power and progressive pull. Blow-out-valves on the under surface help avoid damage if the kite is crashed.
Even though the Access is developed for teaching and entry level riders it has become a favorite for experienced riders who require ultra stability in turbulent high mountain conditions. The Access is also a favorite for expeditions where it is essential to have safe and easy to use kites in extreme conditions. This is particularly true for conditions in the Australian and New Zealand Alps, and experienced riders really do prefer to have at least one smaller Access in their kite quiver.
REVOLUTIONARY INTERNAL RE-RIDE RELEASE SYSTEM
The Internal Re-Ride Release System is the result of two years research and development by our design team and pro riders, with the aim to create the safest system on the market. The goal was to have a release system that once activated the kite can easily be re-launched without having to untangle or clear any lines. Our unique Re-Ride Release System stalls the kite with an internal line – the kite de-powers instantly without tangling and will sit on the ground ready to re-launch when you’re ready again.
Another big advantage of our Internal Re-Ride Release System is the land and secure option. We have added the Secure Loop in the line approx 2m away from the rider. To land the kite simply pull the 5th line through the chicken loop until you reach the Secure Loop. The kite will stall and fall to the ground without any pull. Use the Secure Loop in the 5th line to keep the kite on the ground – it can either be hooked onto a carabineer on your harness or over the bar horn. This makes landing and packing your kite safe and easy even in high winds.
We thoroughly enjoyed developing and testing the Internal Re-Ride Release System. It has made mountain climbing and packing on top so much more enjoyable, safe, easy and quick for the user.
- The Internal Re-Ride Release System cannot be upgraded to older kites as it includes lines that are running inside your kite.
- For reverse launch and light wind landing we have kept the Brake Stall Handle between the back leader lines.
- The 2017 Access V7 retains its great feeling through the bar with direct handling which is vital for beginners
- Specific profile to increase stability and low end power to provide more pull in lighter winds
- Planform with an increased arc to improve handling and the turning speed
- Simple bridle line configuration has less lines reducing parasitic drag to increase light wind performance
- Stall handle to land and re-launch the kite with ease
- Refined Internal Re-Ride Safety System. Looses all power in kite and is ready to ride after activating again
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- Double pulley speed-system, utilising the latest high spec Ronstan Orbit pulleys
- Unique blow-out-valves on the under surface help avoid damaging the kite if crashed
- Velcro openings in the tip to remove debris and snow
- High quality, easy to use backpack with loads of volume
- Contact-Snow Control System with 2x 500kg front lines and 2x 300kg back lines for durability and extra safety