The Frenzy V10 is Ozone’s do-it-all power house De-power foil kite. The Frenzy V10 was a complete new design for 2015, remaining almost unchanged for 2016 and still combining the latest in foil and paragliding design technology.
Last season we very excited and proud to release the all new Frenzy V10 and for this season to continue that legacy. The Frenzy V10 2015 and 2016 V10 were probably the biggest step in the Frenzy design since 2003. The Frenzy V10 is an amazing all round de-power foil covering many aspects of Snowkiting from Freeride to Freestyle, and incorporates our refined Internal Re-ride Safety System.
Smooth and progressive depower with a tight and powerful turn makes Freestyle fun with great pop for jumps and constant pull when unhooked. The Frenzy’s V10’s enhanced stability also makes difficult backcountry rides and mountain climbing passages more accessible and enjoyable.
The Leading Edge is reinforced with flexible lightweight plastic battens to maintain the shape of the profile during angle of attack changes and turbulent airflow; this increases stability and overall performance. Our new reflex profile offers ultimate stability in gusty winds and backcountry conditions. New internal strap positions distribute load more evenly throughout the sail. Incorporating open cells allows for easier inflation and deflation when packing.
The Frenzy V10 is available as a Kite Only option, which comes with our all new Kompressor Bag, or Kite Complete with the Contact-Snow Control System and technical mountain Backpack. We recommend adding the Kompressor Bag to the kite complete option to have your kite packed and secured as small as possible.
The 2016 Frenzy V10 is also available in an ULTRALIGHT version. This is the same design but produced with high quality ultra light material to reduce weight and packing volume to a minimum.
Internal Re-Ride Safety System
Refined for 2016
The refined Internal Re-Ride Safety System for 2016 is the result of intense research and development with the aim to create the safest system on the market. The goal was to have a re-ride system that once activated the kite can easily be re-launched without having to untangle or clear any lines. The new system stalls the kite with an internal line – the kite de-powers instantly without tangling and will sit on the ground ready to re-launch when you’re ready again.
Another big advantage of our refined Internal Re-Ride Safety System is the landing and secure option. We have added the Secure Loop in the line approx 2m away from the rider. To land the kite with minimal pull simply pull the 5th line through the chicken loop until you reach the Secure Loop. The kite will stall and fall to the ground with minimal pull. Use the Secure Loop in the 5th line to keep the kite on the ground – it can either be hooked onto a carabineer on your harness or onto the bar horn. This makes landing and packing your kite safe and easy even in high winds.
We thoroughly enjoyed developing and testing the refined Internal Re-Ride Safety System throughout the last season. It has made mountain climbing and packing on top of the mountain so much more enjoyable, safe, easy and quick for the user.
– The refined Internal Re-Ride Safety System cannot be upgraded to any older kites as it includes lines that are running inside your kite.
– For reverse launch and light wind landing we have kept the Brake Stall Handle between the back leader lines.
- New reflex profile for enhanced stability when depowered
- New planform, arc and line layout
- All new Internal Re-Ride Safety System. Looses all power in kite and ready to ride after activating again
- Brake Stall handle to land and re-launch the kite with ease
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- Double pulley speed-system, utilising the latest high spec Ronstan Orbit pulleys
- Velcro openings in the tip to remove debris and snow
- Light weight plastic battens in leading edge for extra stability and cleaner leading edge.
- Heavy duty, technical mountain & backcountry rucksack with enough volume to fit 2 kites and day supplies
- Contact-Snow Control System with 2x 500kg front lines and 2x 300kg back lines for durability and extra safety