THE ALL NEW R1 V2 IS PACKED WITH STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY. RACE PERFORMANCE AT ITS BEST YET! AT OZONE, WE HAVE TAKEN A COMPLETELY NEW APPROACH TO HIGH ASPECT FOIL KITE DESIGN, AND HAVE ONCE AGAIN RAISED THE STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE AND CONTROL.
If you like racing, high performance and speed, take a serious look at the all new R1 V2. This is a completely new design, destined to take any performance seeker or competitive kite racer to new highs on all surfaces and to the podium.
We have incorporated every possible aspect of new technology available today into this kite – without adding any weight, and in fact the R1 V2 saves over 30% in weight compared to original R1! This of course translates to true performance increases. The kite inflates super fast, flies faster and is incredibly reactive in even the lightest of breezes. The kite is more stable at all points along the edge of the wind window, and has much better powerful drive downwind and with a lighter bar feel, overall.
We have utilised new, high performance, ultra light materials, to keep weight down, and our design team have ingeniously reworked and re-designed the internal structure and load distribution frame. Advanced internal layouts and new sail tension and shaping technology, combined with an all new bridle plan, have allowed for a more compact, lower drag, lower weight bridle which uses less line and has resulted is a new standard for high performance foil kite design.
We worked with our team of world class kite racers to maximise the effectiveness of our Research and Development effort. Every size in the R1 V2 range has been individually designed, intensively tested and relentlessly fined tuned to ensure each kite has that unique Ozone feeling and top level performance across the entire range of sizes. We have created a new Pro-Tune Speed System which allows for minute adjustment allowing owners to to keep their kites performing at their best in correct trim.
The Ozone R1 V2 is a true race kite with a pedigree that will inspire confidence whilst delivering superior high speed performance on land, water or snow.
- The R1 V2 is for advanced riders only who have previous foil kite experience. It is not difficult to fly but there are techniques required to fly a high aspect ratio foil kite.
- Our R&D team has longevity and performance tested the new light weight materials on the R1 V2 proving durability and dynamics. These materials have been extensively used on our Ultra Light Kites and Paragliders for the past four years. The kite must be carefully looked after, it needs an experienced rider who knows how to keep the kite up in the air and how to handle it gently on the ground.
- The kite is water re-launchable, but we recommend that you keep it flying and out of the water if possible! A drainage system on the wing tip allows any water that may have entered the kite to drain out. Do not use the kite in waves.
- Always use a Brake Handle when flying a foil kite. This is the handle/line spanned between the back leader lines on your control system. This easy to grab handle makes inflation, self-landing and reverse launch easier.
- This kite features a simple yet effective front line flag out release. After releasing the flag out you should check the speed system, bridle lines and your flying lines for twists before restart.
- The Speed System and Bridle lines will require maintenance just like any high performance equipment in racing sports – they must be checked after every 60 hours flying time, and maintained in the correct trim or the kite will not perform as designed. Bridle Lines that are worn or not to factory specification (+ or – 15mm) must be replaced. Speed System lines that are worn must be replaced. If the Speed System lines are not worn, but are not to factory specifications (+ or – 15mm) you must adjust back to factory spec. You must watch the How To video before adjusting or replacing Speed System lines.
Please note; Not all Australian dealers stock these kites, and even the dealers that do stock them definitely do not stock all sizes, production time can be up to 4 weeks.
- High cell count – The high number of cells in the R1 V2 reduces ballooning between the cells holding the wing shape and surfaces smoother and cleaner. This creates a reduction in turbulent airflow, giving the R1 V2 more speed and increased depower.
- Optimized leading edge air intakes –Precisely positioned intake valves along the LE lead to a stability increase and a more solid kite downwind. The inflation is also now easier and safer as the kite rapidly inflates.
- L.E profile reinforcements – The Leading Edge is reinforced with flexible lightweight plastic battens to maintain the shape of the profile during angle of attack changes and turbulent airflow.
- Internal diagonals and straps – Completely new design incorporating internal span-wise straps working in unison with optimized diagonal ribs, distributing load into and across the sail evenly and effectively. Together the diagonals and straps lower sail tension and increase the structural balance that helps control this high aspect ratio kite.
- High performance bridle lines – Using high performance thin Kevlar bridle line, the R1 V2 flies faster, and so accelerates faster giving it higher performance, more range and more depower due to less drag.
- High performance materials – High-tenacity sail cloth with extremely low porosity values and an overall lightweight enable us to further stabilise the canopy and maximise fast flight characteristics.
- Velcro + water out channels – A 20mm internal channel is shaped into the end of the cells along the trailing edge to allow water run-out between the cells and out of the tips during flight. The Velcro dirt out channels can be opened for cleaning the kite. Always clean your kite by emptying any water, sand or dirt as this will prolong the life of the kite and help it fly as designed.
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- High performance light weight canopy material
- Leading Edge profile plastic batten reinforcements
- Internal diagonals and strapping improve load distribution and durability
- High performance low-drag bridle lines
- Optimised Leading Edge air intake valves for fast inflation and no deflation
- Unique internal wing-tip drainage system to remove water while flying
- Double pulley speed-system, utilising the latest high spec low friction Ronstan Orbit pulleys
- Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors
- Velcro openings on last tip cell for easy wash out of debris and water
- Water proof deflation zipper on top centre cell for easy and fast deflation
- Ozone warranty and back-up service guaranteed