MAKING LIGHT WIND RIDING A BREEZE
THE ZEPHYR V5 BRINGS A COMPLETELY NEW DESIGN TO THE “Light Wind” MARKET. THIS NEW KITE MAINTAINS KEY ELEMENTS OF THE PERFORMANCE DOMINATING EDGE V8 AND EASE OF USE FROM PREVIOUS ZEPHYR MODELS, WITH AN ALL-NEW PLAN FORM AND MORE REFINED PROFILE FOR INCREASED PERFORMANCE AND A SMOOTHER RIDE.
The Zephyr has always been an innovative and ground breaking kite – without doubt it was the first light wind specific kite on the market that delivered both performance and handling, the new V5 continues that legacy of being a 17M kite that handles like a 13M kite. Renowned for incredibly nimble handling, ease of use and the ability to have fun in low winds – all while giving you the possibility to continue riding when the wind increases, this sets the Zephyr apart from its competitors. Nothing in the market has the wind range of a Zephyr!
The V5 is more stable than previous versions offering a smoother feeling at the bar. Add to that fast handling with a tight radius turn you have a 17m kite that handles like a much smaller kite which translates to more fun in light winds. The new plan form has a straighter Leading Edge, which increases the kites drive and acceleration through the turn – this helps generate power, fast handling and engaged kite loops.
The Zephyr V5 is perfect for cruising, jumping, air style, honing strapless airs or learning handle passes. The boost is impressive and floaty, with instant power delivery and superior up-wind performance. Re-launch is quick and easy by turning the bar or using the Re-launch Balls on the leader lines.
Ultra-strong lightweight bladders reduce weight and improve light wind performance for lighter steering and faster handling. The 4-line pulley less bridle system keeps things simple, while our proven front-line flag out ensures a complete stop of power from the kite when the quick-release is activated.
There is no question that the Zephyr V5 will get you out there enjoying whatever aspect of kiting you prefer on the day. It’s the perfect light wind addition to your quiver, or if you often ride in light winds and are looking for an all-round one-kite quiver the Zephyr V5 is the kite for you.
DESIGN & PERFORMANCE FEATURES
- 4-line pulley-less system (no pulleys, no problems)
- Huge wind range, 8 – 20 knots (or less with a Light wind specific board)
- Smooth power on demand
- Direct and positive bar feel
- Tight radius turn for great pop and fun
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup
- High volume inflate/deflate valve
- Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- Teijin TechnoForce D2 canopy material
- Teijin Dacron for the L.E. & Struts
- Internal reinforcements for improved durability with double layer Dacron inside the LE closing seam
- Double stitched bonded seams
- Dacron reinforced tip area for load distribution
- Reinforced leading edge and struts in high stress areas
- Reinforced trailing edge
- Light weight & low profile aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Unique bladder construction with double layer section in wear areas
- Ozone warranty and back-up service guaranteed