FLUX V1 FIRES OZONE TO THE TOP IN ITS FIRST REAL TEST ON THE RACE COURSE!
Johnny Heineken and Ken Adgate reaped the benefits of riding Ozone's soon-to-be released, all-new high performance wing as they finished first and fourth at the Pacific Coast Wingfoil Championships, hosted at the St Francis Yacht Club, San Francisco, last weekend. Johnny totally dominated the event, taking all 14 race wins - read more below!
The Flux V1 will sit within the wing range in a similar max-performance position that the Edge holds in the Ozone kite line-up. Suited to good intermediates to advanced freeriders looking for the latest handling advantages, the Flux will be available to the public from early June.
SIZES: 2.4 / 3 / 3.6 / 4.3 / 5 / 5.7 / 6.5m
- Comparable position in the range to the Edge - max-performance, crazy speeds, epic jumping also with low drag and stability for wave riding!
- Compact plan form and incredible forward drive
- Custom built hard handles for the ultimate feedback
- Suiting good intermediate freeriders and beyond
- Packed with the latest handling advantages for mind blowing sessions
Although this wing hasn't been specifically made for racing, the incredible aerodynamic design combines perfectly with the best new materials to deliver more all round performance, including greater flying speeds and power management than ever before.
“I've had the final 3.6m and 5m protos for a while, which is why I knew I had to get the whole quiver here in time for the event! Right away it's clear the Flux is a high-performance machine. Fast and lively, it tacks and gybes amazingly well and glides into the wind with super low drag. When loading up the wing holds its shape and creates more power instead of deforming and getting draggy. We tested it over the last couple weeks and I knew it had good speed both up and downwind, but until you're on the racecourse you never really know how things are going to go.
“I rode the 5.7m on the long distance race, which is about six miles dead downwind and back. After 43 minutes I finished 3-4 minutes ahead of the next wing.”
Flying fast, bred to shred and toned and tough from tip-to-tip, the all new Flux V1 has been designed by perfectly orienting proven, cutting edge materials to deliver extreme aerodynamic performance with a huge sweet spot.
After almost 80 prototypes, the Flux flies faster than any wing we’ve ever made. Not only does it create more immediate power, but thanks to the new pre-loaded leading edge, the Flux’s precisely tightened canopy structure can now hold and manage far more wind without deforming.
- Super fast and fun with crazy upwind performance
- High-aspect-ratio design with swept-leading edge
- Tight canopy structure for long lasting performance
- Incredible top end control
- Reduced drag for effortless manoeuvres
- Ergonomic carbon fibre handles
- Waist Strap
- Swivel Leash Line
- Wing Technical Bag